Pets are fun to have in your home. They give you unconditional love and support, especially dogs. They are full of energy and always refresh everyone’s mood. But when you leave behind all the fun and games, dog mess is equally harder to take care of.
The most traumatizing thing with dogs is dealing with their pee. Dogs, sometimes, pee inside the house. And, if you don’t clean the mess right away, they continue to pee at that given spot. People who have carpeted floors have a tough time dealing with this problem.
So, as a loving pet owner with a carpeted floor, what’s the best way to get dog urine smell out of carpet? Read to know more!
Two Effective Remedies To Get Dog Urine Smell Out Of Carpet
If you are one of those who complain that my whole carpet smells like dog pee, then you need to read this blog to know remedies for dog urine smell. Here we have discussed two of them in detail. The first one uses a home ingredient, vinegar and the second one explains how pet stain and odor removal company does it.
⇒ Vinegar For Pet Odor Removal
Does vinegar neutralize dog urine? This is a common misconception many have. But vinegar is great to remove stubborn dog pee smell.
- First, take a towel and place it in the dirty area. Let the towel soak in all the excess pee from the area.
- Take a clean rag and soak it in the vinegar-water (1:1) mixture and dab the damp rag on the stained area.
- If you don’t see any difference in the stain, then pour some of the vinegar-water solutions directly onto the stained carpet.
- Gently scrub the area with a soft-bristled brush and dab a clean cloth to dry it out.
- To remove the smell of vinegar and dog pee, sprinkle on some baking soda.
- Now, to clean the entire stained carpet, mix a small amount of soap with ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide and dap on the carpet stain and scrub the area.
- With a clean cloth pat the area dry.
⇒ Professionals For Pet Odor Removal
- Pet odor remover experts inspect the carpet first to determine the extent of damage to it. They also locate all the stained places using UV light technology.
- After locating all the affected places, experts pull the carpet up, remove the pad, clean the sub-floor, bind the carpet backing, and start the carpet fiber treatment process.
- Experts spray the enzyme-based pet odor removal solution onto the carpet. This solution helps the pet urine to lose its hold from the carpet fiber.
- To effectively remove pet odor from deep within the carpet, experts use the sub-surface extraction method.
As much as you clean your carpet, your dogs are always going to make a mess on them. So, then how often should pet owners clean their carpets? Get professional pet odor removal services twice a year from Xtraordinary Cleaning LLC in Lakeland, for your home to smell clean and fresh.